Badam katli, or badam barfi, is made of almonds and sugar. Here we bring you an easier and healthier version, replacing the ground almonds with almond flour and the sugar with coconut sugar. So this Diwali you can have your sweet and eat it too.
- Sieve the almond flour to remove any lump.
- Add coconut sugar and water to pan, mix well and bring to a rolling oil.
- Once boiling, reduce the heat, add the almond flour and mix well.
- Increase the heat to medium and keep stirring for 6-8 minutes, until the mixture starts to leave the sides of the pan.
- Add the ghee and cook for another minute or so, until you can make a small ball with the mixture.
- Transfer to a greased parchment paper, let cool for a minute or 2 and knead the dough. If it feels dry, add some ghee to your hands and continue kneading.
- Place a parchment paper on top and roll the dough to about 0.5cm thickness.
- Cut the katli into the desired shape and let cool completely before storing.