Naturally gluten-free and grain-free, these waffles are protein-packed, super filling and deliciously satisfying!
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 large egg*
- 1 tablespoon tapioca flour
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pre-heat your waffle iron.
- Mix together all ingredients, making sure to break any lump.
- When the waffle iron is hot, spray it with oil, then pour 1/4 cup batter into the centre of the iron.
- Cook as per waffle iron instructions (toughly 5 to 7 minutes).
- Remove the waffle carefully and repeat with the remaining batter. The waffle will firm up after being removed from the iron. Serve warm with some maple syrup and some fruits.
* for a vegan option, replace the egg by 2 tablespoons of tapioca flour (making it a total of 3 tablespoons of tapioca flour for the recipe above).